Owe Money-Credit Bureaus

If you owe money
  • Be honest and forthright with the creditor and notify them why you have been unable to fulfill your financial obligation;
  • Propose a periodic payment plan that you can live with and stick to it. The creditor will in most instances accept your proposal because voluntary payments are a much better alternative to involuntary collection procedures;
  • Offer a settlement amount if you pay immediately (i.e. 85% of the balance due) – you will be surprised at how many offers are accepted;
If your account is placed with a collection agency
  • Perform all of the above and insist that the account isn’t placed on your credit report if you make the payments.
How to obtain a free annual copy of your credit report or to dispute a reported item
How to obtain a free annual copy of your credit report every 12 months from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies. Order online from annualcreditreport.com, the only authorized website for free credit reports, or call 1-877-322-8228


EQUIFAX- https://www.equifax.com/personal/disputes

EXPERIAN- https://www.experian.com/disputes/main.html

TRANS UNION- https://www.transunion.com/credit-disputes/dispute-your-credit

retail debt collections

Contact Info

15722 Crabbs Branch Way, Suite 2D
Rockville, MD 20855
Phone: 301-670-5555

Coverage Area

Washington DC, Northern Virginia and the surrounding areas

All Imagery on site by Howard Beloff

Social Info

Facebook logo LinkedIn logo Twitter logo